Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Deutschkurs im Lessingtheater

I have written before that I am taking a German course twice a week at the Volkshochschule in Wolfenbüttel, and now I would like to tell you about our most recent class!  We went as a group to a play at the Lessing Theater (named after a famous Wolfenbüttel poet and librarian) called Eine Sommernacht ("A Summer Night").  We met up at our regular classroom and all walked over to the theater together-- Everyone looked so nice and dressed up for the occasion!

Lessing Theater in Wolfenbüttel
Gotthold Ephraim Lessing, Painting by Anton Graff, 1771
We explored the newly-renovated theater and sipped fancy drinks before the show started, and of course we had to take a few pictures!  Sophia and I designated ourselves as the class (art) historians and sufficiently documented the trip!  (Sophia also has a blog in which she documents her travels and adventures!!  Here is the link: https://flyingpigexpress.wordpress.com/)

My Deutsch Group!








I was able to understand the basic plot of the play, a romantic comedy, and I even caught some specifics.  Overall, I thought that was a success!  By the end of the play, my brain was exhausted from paying such careful attention!

Promotional Photo from "Eine Sommernacht" at Lessingtheater
Our last class will be April 5, and I'm legitimately sad for this experience to come to a close.  I have really enjoyed getting to know such a diverse group of people from all over the globe (Romania, Lithuania, Spain, Syria, Italy, India, Poland).  Not to mention, my German has improved leaps and bounds since starting the class in January!  I hope these new friends will stay in touch via email, facebook (click here), and my blog!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I really like your Blog and its sounds great.

    This is Ashley Bakeer from Basel, Switzerland. I am working in ILS - International Language School.

    Ils-Basel Language School offers training in German Basel from the beginning. You can add your existing language skill in German and English from the school. It also offers tuition classes for e weak students for extra care. So, the students can Deutschkurs in the language school or institute. The language school will offer training from the basic level. If the students are educated above the basic level, then the starting point will be the lower point of the base level.

    ILS Basel Is the most popular Language School in Switzerland. Please Visit our School or visit us Online.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete